Subject: Reminder: Rainbow Rockers – Meet and Greet this Thursday
Where? T’s Pub on Somerset Street – Thursday (Sept 16th) 5pm-8pm.
What To Bring to T’s?
– e-transfer, cash or cheque for your season curling fees
– signed waiver form (if possible) https://rainbowrockers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/waiver-2021-en.pdf
Opening Day – Clinic/Curling/Pizza – Oct 3rd
– Beginner curlers should sign up for the Beginners Clinic from 11am-3pm on Opening Day (bring $10 cash to T’s to enroll in the clinic).
– Members and spares can sign up for a practice game at either 3pm or 5pm with pizza after each draw !
– Pizza will be served at 3:15 (after beginner clinic), 5:15pm and 7:15pm
– plan to curl all Sundays (other than holidays) and 2 Saturdays (Nov 6th/Jan 29th)
– the detailed calendar will be published on www.rainbowrockers.ca
– Round 1 runs Oct 17-Nov 28. Please send bye requests to [email protected]
– ALL curlers must show proof of double vaccination upon arriving at the OCC on your first curling day.
See you on Thursday !
Based on a member survey and the recent Ontario guidelines, the Ottawa Curling Club will be implementing a policy where ALL curlers must show proof of double vaccination upon arriving at the OCC on your first curling day.
Registration is on this Rainbow Rockers website https://rainbowrockers.org/online-registration/
If you do not register by this Friday at noon, you are not guaranteed a spot. At noon Friday our membership coordinator will start to fill up teams with those looking to join a team.
(Skips … make sure all your players have registered)
Final Payment – Meet and Greet – T’s Pub:
There will be a Meet and Greet at T’s Pub on Somerset Street on Thursday September 16th, from 5pm-8pm, to allow you to pay for your league membership fees in person.
All payments are due by 8pm September 16th.
You have 3 options to pay:
==> join us for a beverage and socializing at T’s pub anytime between 5pm and 8pm to pay by cash or cheque.
==> email transfer to [email protected]
==> mail a cheque to Chad B – 226 Sherwood Drive, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 3V8 (mail MUST arrive on or before the 16th)
Our treasurer will let you know how much the fee is, taking into account credits from the previous year.
The Ottawa Curling Club has not yet defined their vaccination policy. However, they are sending a survey to all OCC members to help formulate the policy. With approximately 80% of the population fully vaccinated, it seems obvious what the survey results will be. We encourage all curlers to be fully vaccinated by our start date which we expect to be Sunday October 3rd (To Be Confirmed).
Your Rainbow Rockers Executive Team.
Here are the details:
- Registration is OPEN on the Rainbow Rockers website https://rainbowrockers.org/online-registration/
- Current members, former members, spares and new members can register as a team or as an individual (Individual registrants will be placed on a team by the Membership Coordinator)
- New members will be placed according to openings on teams but are not guaranteed a spot
- Every curler must download/print/sign the waiver (or pick one up at the club on the first day of curling) https://rainbowrockers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/waiver-2021-en.pdf
- Fees will remain the same as in the past few years and payments will be requested in September – some may have credits from last year(s) fee refunds/prize money
- The OCC is planning for a “normal” season this fall, and we expect to start curling either Sunday September 26th or Sunday October 3rd (To Be Confirmed)
- Registration closes on FRIDAY AUGUST 27th @ NOON.
Due to the uncertainty over covid, we have a tight window to register, pay, and develop teams & schedules. We ask you (beg you!) to please register asap so we can start planning the teams/schedules/etc.
***** Once registration closes on Friday August 27th, we will make the final determination of teams/divisions/schedule. ******
Welcome back and … Good Curling!
Rainbow Rockers Executive – Steve/Kevin/Chad/Patrick/Brian/Jeremy/Peter/Geoff.
Good News … The 2021-2022 Rainbow Rockers Curling Season is fast approaching and we are raring to go!
Please talk to your teammates to confirm your spot on your team and watch for registration details which will be posted later this week.
We hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather. Curling on ice seems like a distant memory, but hopefully the World Curling Competitions in Calgary provided a good dose of curling this spring.
I look fondly upon our shortened season – we were able to safely complete a 9-game round of curling, albeit with a shutdown mid-way, and a resumption at the Rideau Curling Club. We heard many positive comments about the season, and hope that everyone enjoyed the shortened season!
Given the shortened season, we are able to offer all current full-time members a credit of $130, towards your next season’s curling fees. If for any reason you do not curl in the fall, we can offer a refund now or in the fall via cheque, once you decide about curling. At this point the Ottawa Curling Club is anticipating a regular season opening in the last week of September. Mark your calendars in pencil … we know it can change. Also, given the circumstances, it has been decided that the Rainbow Rockers Executive Team should remain in place for the upcoming season. We are pleased that the OTRB Bonspiel Chair has been filled by Peter F. Welcome Peter!
2021-2022 Registration: (Coming soon)
Registration for full-time members and spares will again be done online. i.e. You will fill out a form on the Rainbow Rockers website.
Stay tuned to the Rainbow Rockers website for registration details later this summer.
We hope you have a safe and fun summer, and that we will be curling at the end of September!
Your Rainbow Rockers Executive Team.
Hello Rainbow Rockers,
The Rideau Curling Club has been shut down due to Ottawa re-entering the red zone today.
Unfortunately this means our curling season is over.
We will be assessing the finances to determine partial refunds or credits for next season fees. Details will be sorted out in the spring, so please be patient as we work through this.
We look forward to planning our 20th year of operation starting this fall!
Have a great spring and summer, and stay tuned for details on our fall curling season.
Your Rainbow Rockers Curling Executive Team
Steve * Patrick * Kevin * Chad * Geoff * Jeremy * Brian