Round 1 Schedule / Season Calendar / Team Rosters:
==> now posted on the RRCL website – https://rainbowrockers.org/2021-22-round-1-schedule/
(NOTE: Please submit your game score on the RRCL website after your game)
The club has offered a limited number of lockers for Rainbow Rockers members. If you would like a locker for the season, please email [email protected] to request one.
Post-game Beverage custom:
Our long-standing courtesy after a game is that the winning team buys a drink for their opposition counterpart.
It is also customary for the losing team to “buy back/reciprocate” on a second beverage.
The club manager is expecting that the kitchen will be open on Sundays, sometime soon. Stay tuned for the opening date (kitchen will not be open this Sunday).
Out-of-town Bonspiels & CGCC:
The Canadian Gay Curling Championship will take place in Saskatoon in March 2022.
In your winter travel plans, please consider travelling to other cities bonspiels which can be found at: https://gaycurl.ca/bonspiels.html
(Ask around the league … many people have travelled to various LGBT bonspiels and can provide valuable advice)
If you have not yet printed and signed the waiver, please do so and bring to your first game.
We have several new members joining and creating(!) new curling teams this season …
I hope that new members feel welcome in our league, and if you have any questions or comments I would be pleased to hear from you.
I hope to see most of you this Sunday !
Good Curling !
This year’s season calendar can be downloaded here – 2021-2022 Season Calendar
2021-2022 Season Calendar
Let the curling season begin!
Please pay close attention to the details contained below to ensure a smooth start to your curling season.
Season Opening Events – October 3rd:
Beginners Clinic & Pizza – 11am-3pm ($10) – Please email [email protected] to signup.
Practice Game & Pizza – 3pm OR 5pm (free) – A few spaces are still available! Please email [email protected] to request to play at 3pm OR 5pm. If you just want to join for pizza and socializing, please email to let us know.
Round 1 League Play – October 17th:
Regular league play will begin on Sunday October 17th with draws at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm. The Round 1 schedule will be posted on the Rainbow Rockers website soon.
You must show proof of vaccination upon entering the club for the first time. To save time at the OCC entrance you can alternatively email your proof of vaccination to [email protected] It will be noted and immediately deleted by the club manager.
You must sign a waiver before stepping on the ice. Please print and sign the waiver and bring with you on your first day (we will have a few paper copies at the club if needed). Download Waiver
OCC Return to Curl Guidelines:
Please read the OCC Return to Curl document to understand the new rules for the 2021-2022 season. Pay particular attention to the “Mask Policy”, “Facilities” and “Protocols” sections.
Your RRCL Executive… Steve/Kevin/Chad/Patrick/Peter/Brian/Jeremy/Geoff.
Subject: Reminder: Rainbow Rockers – Meet and Greet this Thursday
Where? T’s Pub on Somerset Street – Thursday (Sept 16th) 5pm-8pm.
What To Bring to T’s?
– e-transfer, cash or cheque for your season curling fees
– signed waiver form (if possible) https://rainbowrockers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/waiver-2021-en.pdf
Opening Day – Clinic/Curling/Pizza – Oct 3rd
– Beginner curlers should sign up for the Beginners Clinic from 11am-3pm on Opening Day (bring $10 cash to T’s to enroll in the clinic).
– Members and spares can sign up for a practice game at either 3pm or 5pm with pizza after each draw !
– Pizza will be served at 3:15 (after beginner clinic), 5:15pm and 7:15pm
– plan to curl all Sundays (other than holidays) and 2 Saturdays (Nov 6th/Jan 29th)
– the detailed calendar will be published on www.rainbowrockers.ca
– Round 1 runs Oct 17-Nov 28. Please send bye requests to [email protected]
– ALL curlers must show proof of double vaccination upon arriving at the OCC on your first curling day.
See you on Thursday !
Based on a member survey and the recent Ontario guidelines, the Ottawa Curling Club will be implementing a policy where ALL curlers must show proof of double vaccination upon arriving at the OCC on your first curling day.
Registration is on this Rainbow Rockers website https://rainbowrockers.org/online-registration/
If you do not register by this Friday at noon, you are not guaranteed a spot. At noon Friday our membership coordinator will start to fill up teams with those looking to join a team.
(Skips … make sure all your players have registered)
Final Payment – Meet and Greet – T’s Pub:
There will be a Meet and Greet at T’s Pub on Somerset Street on Thursday September 16th, from 5pm-8pm, to allow you to pay for your league membership fees in person.
All payments are due by 8pm September 16th.
You have 3 options to pay:
==> join us for a beverage and socializing at T’s pub anytime between 5pm and 8pm to pay by cash or cheque.
==> email transfer to [email protected]
==> mail a cheque to Chad B – 226 Sherwood Drive, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 3V8 (mail MUST arrive on or before the 16th)
Our treasurer will let you know how much the fee is, taking into account credits from the previous year.
The Ottawa Curling Club has not yet defined their vaccination policy. However, they are sending a survey to all OCC members to help formulate the policy. With approximately 80% of the population fully vaccinated, it seems obvious what the survey results will be. We encourage all curlers to be fully vaccinated by our start date which we expect to be Sunday October 3rd (To Be Confirmed).
Your Rainbow Rockers Executive Team.
Here are the details:
- Registration is OPEN on the Rainbow Rockers website https://rainbowrockers.org/online-registration/
- Current members, former members, spares and new members can register as a team or as an individual (Individual registrants will be placed on a team by the Membership Coordinator)
- New members will be placed according to openings on teams but are not guaranteed a spot
- Every curler must download/print/sign the waiver (or pick one up at the club on the first day of curling) https://rainbowrockers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/waiver-2021-en.pdf
- Fees will remain the same as in the past few years and payments will be requested in September – some may have credits from last year(s) fee refunds/prize money
- The OCC is planning for a “normal” season this fall, and we expect to start curling either Sunday September 26th or Sunday October 3rd (To Be Confirmed)
- Registration closes on FRIDAY AUGUST 27th @ NOON.
Due to the uncertainty over covid, we have a tight window to register, pay, and develop teams & schedules. We ask you (beg you!) to please register asap so we can start planning the teams/schedules/etc.
***** Once registration closes on Friday August 27th, we will make the final determination of teams/divisions/schedule. ******
Welcome back and … Good Curling!
Rainbow Rockers Executive – Steve/Kevin/Chad/Patrick/Brian/Jeremy/Peter/Geoff.